SQLSaturday Madison – April 7-8

The first event I ever spoke at was SQLSaturday in Madison, Wisconsin, back in 2012. I was petrified – would anyone want to hear someone talk about normalization? Especially when that someone was pretty much unknown outside of his city? Long story short, yes, they did. I didn’t have a large crowd, but it was […]

Read More

I’m speaking at Summit!

I’m excited to announce that I have been selected to speak at PASS Summit again this year! I’ll be presenting a new session, “Extending Applications Securely Using Service Broker”: If you’ve ever tried to build a distributed application – one that spans multiple servers or even multiple sites – you know how complex it can […]

Read More

Save the date: SQLSaturday Iowa City

Q: True or False – Iowa has one of the world’s longest-running SQL Server conferences? A: True! SQLSaturday #19 was held in the fall of 2009 in Iowa City. We’re one of only a handful of chapters to host an event every year since then. We’ll hold our eighth SQLSaturday conference on June 10-11, 2016, in Iowa City. […]

Read More

Speaking at SQLSaturday Chicago

I’m happy to announce that my first public session of 2016 will be at SQLSaturday Chicago on March 5! I will be talking about the system_health Extended Events session and the default trace. Here’s the details: Dammit Jim! Dr McCoy’s Field Guide to system_health (and the default trace) As DBAs, we are asked all sorts […]

Read More